This page serves to answer some of the questions students frequently ask.
1. When can I apply for membership?
Membership enrollment begins the first day of the academic semester, and the deadline to submit an application is four weeks after the start of each semester.
2. Where can I pick up an application?
Applications are available on the How to Become a Member page, and you can also receive an application by emailing Elizabeth Arreola at email@example.com
3. Where can I drop off my application?
Applications can be dropped of in the Student Affairs building (M-200).
4. What are the requirements to apply for membership?
You must have completed 12 semester units and have maintained a minimum GPA of 3.5
5. How much does membership cost?
There is a one time fee of $85.
6. What are the benefits of being a member?
As a member you have access to over $37 million in scholarships and grants, opportunity for leadership experience, voting power as it pertains to chapter affairs, access to the PTK.org website which includes the Five Star Competitive Edge program, and personalized letters of recommendation from Phi Theta Kappa headquarters.
7. Can I still apply for membership if my GPA is below 3.5?
Unfortunately, at the moment we cannot offer provisional membership for those with a lower GPA, but you can still partake in the volunteer events that we have planned.
8. What is the Five Star Competitive Edge Program?
The Five Star Competitive Edge program provides resume building techniques, interview strategies, a professional portfolio on the Mahara website, and an assortment of training videos which can all be listed on your resume.
9. What kind of events does the chapter engage in?
Throughout the semester, chapter members can participate in volunteer opportunities, fellowship events, and educational seminars.