What is Honors in Action?
Honors in Action is the process that provides opportunities to apply learning and practice real-world problem-solving by developing an in-depth, action-oriented project related to Honors Study Topic research. Academic research into the themes related to the Honors Study Topic is what makes the difference between Honors in Action and simply action. Honors in Action is informed action designed to make a lasting impact and contribute to the betterment of society. Through engaging in Honors in Action, students develop and demonstrate:
- awareness of the importance of seeking out multiple perspectives, augment understanding and improve decision-making.
- abilities to draw research conclusions and develop ideas to make a difference.
- effective planning and capabilities to initiate action.
- intentional and purposeful efforts to grow leadership skills.
- understanding of the need to involve others and work together.
- capacities to lead and manage self and others to motivate, overcome obstacles, perform in complicated environments and accomplish goals.
- aptitudes for assessing progress, adjusting to circumstances and measuring results quantitatively and qualitatively.
Current Study topic
January 1, 2016 - December 31, 2017: "How the World Works: Global Perspectives"
- Our first official meeting for the HIA project will take place following our first chapter meeting. We will then form an HIA committe and decide as a group when and where we would like to meet.
For more information please click here and view the guide.
- If you're interested in getting involved with the Honors in Action Project, please contact Nadia Escobar at email@example.com